Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's Going On? Tribute to Marvin Gaye



I was riding across the Beltway this morning with my Pappy (means dad for those of you that don't know) listening to the Tom Joyner Morning Show. (No I don't have a choice when I'm in someone else's car) While making that trek across the Beltway, Mr. Joyner chose as todays' Black History fact to announce the 25th Anniversary of Marvin Gaye's untimely passing. Till this day it hurts my heart knowing Gaye's father was the reason this beautiful soul is no longer here with us. (I guess he's been reincarnated as Raheem Devaughn) Regardless Gaye's music has been a reference for all R&B/Soul post 1970.

Guys I wish I could write a bit more...but um I'm tired and ready to hit the sack. I figured I at least could channel a bit of Marvin Gaye's spirit by writing this blog post.

Try this blog for more images and music.

Here are a few of my favorite Marvin Gaye tracks. Enjoy!



Marvin Gaye

No comments: